mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
Mille Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
1. Change the mIRC editors behavior and ident a line when pushing "tab", instead of moving the focus to the bottom buttons.

2. Make an alias that could trigger a custom error, reporting the alias namn, line number and in wich script file it resides in (like a defult error msg).

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
While I can see the possibility of your first suggestion being helpful, I think that it might cause problems for those of us that are used to it working in it's current method.

Regarding your 2nd suggestion, if there's a problem in a script (an actual scripting error, rather than a logic error), in my experience, the name of the script, line number and type of error are reported in the status screen, which, if I'm understanding your suggestion correctly, would just be a duplication of what already exists.

M
Mille Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
Quote:

While I can see the possibility of your first suggestion being helpful, I think that it might cause problems for those of us that are used to it working in it's current method.

Ehm... what's the current method? Tab-ing to the OK button? Would be much better if you could tab the code instead.
A hole remake of the editor wouldn't be wrong, with syntax highlightning wich could be modified in a local file by the user... but that's another story.

Quote:

Regarding your 2nd suggestion, if there's a problem in a script (an actual scripting error, rather than a logic error), in my experience, the name of the script, line number and type of error are reported in the status screen, which, if I'm understanding your suggestion correctly, would just be a duplication of what already exists.

Well, that wasn't exactly what it should be used to.
For exampel if you give your custom function unexpected or insufficient parameters then you could trigger a error using this new built-in function I suggested to easly localize it and know in wich alias/function it resides.

P
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
P
in order to insert a tab in the mIRC Editor, use ctrl+i

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
what he means is code indenting.
so when you press tab, 2 spaces appear (default indenting size of mIRC)

I think the script editor could use alot of upgrades (like a minimize/maximize button which is suggested time and time again and really easy to add) and also tab for indenting (instead of jumping to the OK button)

syntax highlighting would be nice but not the most importend thing to add

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!

Link Copied to Clipboard