Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
W
it would be good if there were a few more drawing options for
this like:
/drawtext -sN - for shadow and shadow depth
and also
/drawtext -bN - for the border depth and i know ther is already a -b but it should have this aswell as colours
i think it would be a good thing to add unless
there is an easier way to do this?
laugh

#105105 13/12/04 10:57 PM
P
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
P
You can simply issue the /drawtext command twice, once to draw the shadow at the X and Y offsets you want, then again to draw the actual text.

I believe (and someone please correct me if I am wrong) that mIRC uses Windows API for /draw* commands, so if shadow were to be added, mIRC would have to issue the same two commands.

#105106 14/12/04 04:00 AM
Babel fish
Babel fish
A major reason why this is NOT already implemented is simply that mIRC is designed to provide you with the tools and techniques to be able to come up with your own, as well. The main issue here is, like praetorian_ suggested, leaving the features up to you.

Another good reason is that if Khaled starts moving on with something like taking shadows or depth into his own hands, people are going to start requesting rendering engines and whatever, and that is just waaaaay out of the ordinary and out of contrast to what an IRC-client, with a damn long and fine list of scripting capabilities, is supposed to do.

Khaled created DLL's to get around people requesting off-the-wall features, but some have been added anyways. Let's just hope that someone gets to creating better extensions for /draw<ing> :-)

-Zmodem
#105107 17/12/04 07:22 PM
W
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
W
thanks for replying

i never thought of putting a different layer of text behind
to make a shadow
works good though

thanks