While a user may have desrved to get kicked out - he/she should not be getting verbally abused by some silly bot script (or at all for that matter). And the truth is, OPs DO kick people for whatever reason they want, including stupid ones like not liking your IP (which has nothing to do with you) so they shouldn't be insulting people on the way out.

The resolutions offered are very weak, and not really applicable. By the same token that a user gets kicked for a "good reason", I don't think that user will want to come back to a place that's abusive anyway - so why not get the last word?

I notice that there is a trend to reply with a this is how things are attitude. I thought this was "Feature Suggestions" not "Does Mirc Do This?...". I'm just putting ideas out there, and how things are is not applicable. I speak heavily on the side of the user, because they are the ones getting the bad end of the stick. An OP is not a God, as some of you seem to imply, and there should be limitations INHERENT IN THE SOFTWARE of what they can do and how they can treat people. I thanks you all for your input, nonetheless.

Last edited by magusat999; 16/08/04 11:41 PM.

At one time the WWW was only for "chat" -
EVOLVE Already!