I like this idea quite a bit. Whilst every effort is made to make it obvious that a new mIRC version is out (All #mIRC channels I know of put it in their topics, numerous other help channels do aswell, a lot of websites post it as news items and the front page of this website displays it and the mIRC mailing list), people are sometimes STILL unaware of the update.

There would of course have to be an option to "Don't show this message again" under the dialog that says there is a new version a bit like the URL warning message because some people prefer older versions which, whilst I disagree, is up to them and they are free to do this. I think if it were to be incorporated it should only display once after an old version of mIRC is started up.

I'm not quite sure how likely this is to be implemented however, as it would involve mIRC being sent information of some sort and then performing certain actions based upon that info. I'm unsure how hard it would be to implement and whether this effort would be worth it. If it were to be implemented however, for me personally it would be a welcome addition.

My 2 cents.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris