Actually, hardly any moderators comment on the subject at all. I know of one or two that actually purposefully do not get involved in threads that are about the topic.

I do not see where the issue is. As I said, we use common sense when helping someone - because something is theoretically possible doesn't mean we go and help everyone who is probably doing it. In a medium such as this it is impossible to be 100% about everything - but 95% of the time it is clear someone is mass file sharing due to the way they word their question. Personally, if I was posting and having issues with DCC I wouldn't use the word 'download', 'XDCC', 'packs' and so on.

Sometimes we get it wrong, then that person will correct us and state clearly what their doing it - it's happened 2-3 times before, and the people have then been helped. Notice how most of the people "accused" of mass/illegal file sharing either do not reply, say they don't want to be lectured or say "Ok, thanks"? There is a very small minority of people who come back and say they WEREN'T mass/illegal file sharing, which goes to show our assumptions are usually correct.

Now, I could discuss and justify forum policy until the cows come home, but I'd rather do it in PM than start another thread that spreads into 3/4 pages and annoys others who have no interest in such a topic. I'd ask you (collective 'you' not singular) to PM me if you have further queries smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris