Page1

Link

Page 2

Link

Quote:
The Internet's Wilder Side
By SETH SCHIESEL

Published: May 6, 2004

"Mr. Bierman and other I.R.C. developers and administrators said that they were contacted by federal law enforcement officials fairly often. Mr. Bierman said that he sometimes cooperated in helping the government track down specific people using I.R.C. to wage major attacks. He added, however, that he had refused government officials' requests to build a back door into his I.R.C. software that would allow agents to monitor I.R.C. more easily.

"Basically the F.B.I. is interested in the best way to monitor the traffic,'' Mr. Bierman said.

Mr. Kulstad of the Justice Department declined to comment on its specific contacts with the I.R.C. community."

While this article in question does not specifically make any mention of Khalid being contacted or therefore actively participating with law enforcement authorities I think given the article and the mention of the FBI requesting IRC authors to build backdoors into their clients, that it should be discussed as to whether or not Khalid has been contacted and/or if he is participating with law enforcement when it comes to coding updates to mIRC... Again this isn't an allegation, however, given the article I think there is a valid concern for an official answer..

Note from moderator: I fixed your links so they wouldn't widen the page.

Last edited by d00dman; 07/05/04 02:27 PM.