Nobody has to "butt out" of anything, nor do you have a right to tell people to do so. Tidy_trax is entitled to his opinion as much as you are - if you are determined to turn this thread into an argument rather than a discussion and get it locked, perhaps you should take your own advice? smile

This whole thing depends upon your opinion - which everyone is entitled to, no matter how ridiculous it is. In my opinion, starbucks has given the best reply so far and explained well what I was trying to say. Khaled does not work on mIRC in his spare time, it is his full time job. When you get older (and believe me I'm not being patronising, I'm 16 myself, just being realistic), and are forced to get a job you will not work for free. If you do, you will not survive for long. This is not a world where the righteous and the good survive with quality of life in mind - with one or two exceptions of course. You work for your money. You cannot live without money. Some people see this as unjust and unfair (hence "money is the root of all evil") but it's the way life is - you have to accept that, and if you don't like that fact, you're going to end up worse off. So quite WHY Khaled should work for free I have no idea.

Again, it comes down to opinions. Because software is made on the computer rather than in real life with your hands (i.e. hardware) some people view that as a reason not to charge. However, this is also strange, as some of the price of the computer is Windows included. If you just bought a computer with no Windows on it, it wouldn't cost as much - so even when you buy the hardware, you're also buying the software that comes with it - and you wouldn't refuse to do that now, would you? Hours, days, weeks, and nearly DECADES have been put into mIRC - nearly 10 years of someone's life is priceless let alone considering what mIRC has achieved. Everyone else is a volunteer - we work for free because we WANT to. Difference being we also all have other (non-extreme) means to provide us with food, drink, clothes and warmth.

Just like other people who have moved clients you are no great loss. You have a free choice to use it - what I find so offensive is that you have asked US to help you in the past, and then you have the audassity to say things like "screw mIRC, screw mIRC Co Ltd.". This is where your argument is at it's weakest, as it is not an argument and it is not an opinion - it is silly insults. We are not bothered whether you leave or not, we just don't need or want to know about it, especially not in the way in which you described. How dare you be so rude about something so many people have put so much hard work into. I have seen and been part of the hard work which is involved in helping here, building helpful websites, contributing to all sorts of aspects of IRC/mIRC, and it's so irritating when people like you are so rude and complacent about it as if we're expected to do it!

Respect others and they will (should) respect you, keep that in mind when discussing something as blatantly controversial as this.

Edit: Due to the relatively quick succession of posts some of my points have already been covered *hands cookie to those people* - due to me dealing with other stuff aswell, it took me 25 minutes to write this, so I'm not deliberately (and annoyingly) repeating anything already said.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris