I am following.

You're missing my point on what I just posted.

Trust me on this.

First, consider this.. There are many scripts and clients out there that recognize [O] as being to turn all color codes, reverse, bold and underline OFF (I think I covered all of them) - to make it simply revert to the last text setup BEFORE the [O] would cause those scripts to look wrong, and those who use it for the feature of backing up one text change wouldn't show up right on older mirc's, other clients.

What's the point of sending out the color codes for others to see if it's not going to show up properly? Therefore, another method would have to be used, and putting that new method out there, for java developers, other IRC clients, et al, would let others have the chance to adapt first before truly encountering it.

If you stop looking at it from your perspective of how it would look for you, and instead how your 'wonderfully colored schemed text' would appear to others, you would see how a gradual (albeit rapid) adaption would be a benefit to everyone involved.

Look at it from the point of view of HTML. If you create a website and develop/include codes that only work with one web browser, without advance notification of what it does, then what you would have would be a limited number of site visitors who could properly view your site. It's been my experience that new HTML standards are put out there and then web browsers are updated to include support for those new versions. (Exception being MSIE, as they tend to make features specifically for IE, then about ½ of the internet community can't see those pages correctly, which only goes to prove my point).

Now, calm down some and stop thinking that I'm not getting your point. I think the idea itself, as a whole, is great, because there have been times when I would have loved to use it, as it would make coding way easier. Just you have to consider other people too who may not upgrade the same instant you do when you start using the code and people think you have an awful concept for colors.
grin