Then again, not all networks have Services...and people who's IRC homes are big networks are not likely to experience this due to the politics behind changing IRCds for big networks (i.e. Quakenet/Undernet etc). On top of this, if it's not a clientside feature then people who aren't mIRC users will have to wake up one day and suddenly find they have this nicklist thing going on...and then when they investimigate, they find out it's because a bunch of mIRC users wanted it to happen. You know how those OS wars start heh. (M$, Winblows *yawn*)

Personally, I think it would be a nice addition to mIRC. There is already quite a bit of flexibility with the nicklist regarding colours you can set depending on their status, but idle times and other things which people may suggest would also be nice, provided it's customisable.

It is possible to script it so if you right click a nickname the idle time will show in a popup, but not so it actually displays it next to the nickname as in the example. The only thing *I* would dislike about this is the amount of space that would be required for the nicklist. I like mine quite thin and not taking up too much of the main window (fraction smaller than the default basically).

My 2 pennies.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris