*nods*

My only problem with that reasoning is that there are so many other commands that shouldn't exist if we are to worry about the infection of gullible users. Making channels out of custom windows is a HUGE undertaking, and one that breaks all simple/conventional scripting methods... its simply not worth it.

At present, you can silently .ignore people and a gullible user would never know unless they looked. You can even /halt the TEXT event to prevent said line(s) from being displayed, something that is less difficult than going about it with $fline and /rline.

I understand where you're coming from, but I feel my scripting enjoyment shouldn't be unreasonably hampered by some remotely foreseen gullible user. This is my stance with On KeyDown/Up in channel windows, too. (Note: Khaled had set /window -h NOT to hide the channel switchbar tab in one version, for a similar fear of trickery. I was equally vocal against this move too.)

- Raccoon