"Because many IRC channel's userbases include multiple countries that's not very practical."
I've found that this isn't the case actually in my experience; and it would be easy to have them type a trigger for alternate quesitons... ie !Duetsch would trigger "ich habe eine Katze im ..." or the german equivalents.

The 'simple maths' would be written in english and be a word puzzle description thingy.
IE
Q: John has four cookies; Joan has two. Tom ate two of Joan's cookies; how many are left?
A: Zero.

If your wondering about other languages and having problems answering em; do you know how to count from one to ten in japanese?
German?
Anyone who went to my school(s) knew how to - because in Australia we have to learn a second language at some point or another.
Anyway; most other cultures have bowed in to the inevitable and do teach some english or french in their schools i'd imagine; so they could surely understand that.

Even if they don't; you could do algebra with symbols that just aren't possible to parse wihtout complex coding ion the behalf of the bot.
Now considering how there is a wide range of solutions to cater for; coding this complexity into a bot becomes a prohibitive amount of effort.
AI isn't going to be the saviour of spam by any means.