no disrespect was takin. however i dont think spanning several processors is a simple worker thread situation. all programming is a "slug it out" type when you get into more complex systems. noone ever just spews out several hundred lines of code and it works right first time unless theyve done it numerous times.

I dont mean to say that im only referring to resource management. a resource isnt just some data pluged into a projects rc file such as a bitmap or icon. The screen, a particular window,a particular segment in a file (such as the bss or code segment) usb poll lines, port scan lines,and literaly hundreds of other items on a pc are all shared resources.

I think we both agree that complex threading isnt something a first year student would jump right into. Inded it takes skill and experience as does almost any programming youll ever do in any language. some of the issues touched upon here wouldnt really be nessecary to add simple threads to a few commands in mIRC.

I would hope your professor has more experience than I do otherwise you wasted your money ive only been programming for just over 3 years (with a real language that is). Ive never doubted his worth or intelligence only that i have yet to find anything of the level of difficulty were discussing. I would imagine if you were writing an OS things would be different. I Wrote a windows clone for my TI92+ included preemptive multitasking. Altho its a smaller scaled version than her big sister i have nearly 45% of the win32 API written for it I do well understand (from an asm POV) multitasking.

Weve gone a bit off topic (interestingly so however) so to just restate what i said before i dont see adding a few more threaded commands to mIRC that great a challenge (we already have one).

Have Fun smile