I'm going both ways on this one, while I agree that the ability to hide mIRC as a background task would be invaluable for myself ( as I suffer the same prediciment that r00ted is going through, with people who don't want mIRC open all the time ) at the same time, the option for malicious use is overwhelmingly high, all one would need to do is distribute a script that made mIRC run in ( essencially ) "trojan mode"
So there's not even the task of getting people to download trojans anymore, something like this could be easily hidden in a large script, and most people downloading it would never see it in the code. Best stick with hidewindow, because atleast then you'd have to get someone to download, install, and run it first. A lot more difficult then a simple script. Not to mention, it you'd have to be pretty hurtin' to think you're hacking with mIRC scripting :tongue:
btw for future reference: When asking a question like this, you may want to pick a different name then "r00ted" doesn't lend to the whole, " i'm not using this maliciously " mood.
grin