I most certainly was NOT making reference, veiled or otherwise, to your site or anyone else's specifically. Rest assured if i had meant my comments to be about your site or posts specifially, i would have clearly said so. Many urls and script lines here are helpful to ppl, but there have also been attempts to put up those that could hurt them. And to be sure you dont again misinterpret, i am NOT referring to you.

Saying "i am having a prob on suchandsuch a network" is, to me, a far cry from saying "hey, i just started a new network/channel, come see it". Every post is subject to the readers interpretation, and if some see the first as spam, i personally dont agree. Some perhaps think saying "gee, on my network, suchandsuch.net, and in my channel #sumfin, we dont have that problem" is a cute lil way to spam. I, and all the readers, have to use their own judgement as to the person's intent.

Since this board's inception, i have referred users to many different networks websites, and posted the url if i have it handy..even googling it in order to do so. Since each network has its own specifics and problems, their website is in many cases the best resource the poster can utilize. Likewise, when referring ppl to sites like symantec and trendmicro, imo, that is giving them resources for info/prob solving, not spamming those sites. Its hardly surprising that there are more questions about the "Big Five".

"It's almost like Dalnet is IRC's holy grail" yegawds! with the majority of posts about DAL being related to probs with identd and connecting, i hardly think that qualifies as good PR.
If i were new to mIRC and wandering this forum, my reaction would prolly be, uhuh, not going there, too many probs.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet