I really doubt that there would be any interest in working on a project like this or that there is actually much demand for it.

For people who are intimidated by mIRC, there are Java applets on webpages. This is simple enough and there is already a slick way for the browsers to download all necessary Java classes, etc. This is one of the things Java does very well.

Also, mIRC already has a nice interface with web browsers. Check it out. The user would first have to download/install mIRC (setting it up how they choose, and usually this just involves filling out the text boxes on a single dialog), and then just click on the link in Internet Explorer to get to your IRC server/channel.

I'm sure Khaled has had enough of maintaining two seperate versions of mIRC (the 16 bit version was dropped with the release of v6.0). A project like this would probably double the work that he has to do for quite a while.

This just sounds like a lot of work for something that doesn't strike me as being necessary. If you really want your audience to experience IRC _your_ way and you want them to use mIRC, write up a script that imposes the limits that you desire.

My 2 cents..

-chris

PS - this is the type of message that, in the future, should probably just be sent directly to Khaled. He is _the_ developer. He alone decides the future of mIRC.