Khaled & Co-Developers,

I am a webmaster for an official fansite for a band on Sony/Epic Records.

I am currently offering a live chat on that website via javascripted means to an irc server that I maintain.

The bottom line.... It could be sooo much better.

Something that you could do to make even more revenue from your wonderful application 'mIRC', would be to create a 'lite' version of it with a very limited amount of functionality.

What I'm thinking of visually for the lite version would be the ability for the enduser to download the program, and upon installation the program asks the enduser some questions...

"What is your primary chat server address?(Required)".....

"What is your Primary Nickname? (Required)"...

"What is your Secondary Nickname? (Required)"....

What is the primary channel you wish to join? (Required).

The above would essentially be all of the neccessary fields needed to perform the task a channel like mine would need. The idea is to create an application that functions, and looks just like mIRC, but only has the minimum options to connect the enduser to "One" channel at a time, while running the application. No DCC or Private chat Ability built in.

This would allow your program to gather a new base of users, pulling in those users who are not comfortable with using standard mIRC due to the all of the options they are unsure about. This idea would sell like crazy, especially in the targeted area I'm in. Think of all of the official websites, and official fansites for musical artists online that could offer this application for their 'not so internet saavy' visitors.

I'm willing to assist in the development, or concept design if you're willing to look at the project idea.

I'm a programmer for a st.louis based IT firm, and beta/debug for companies like Macromedia (coldfusionMX, Flash MX), and Sony Online Entertainment (Everquest Online Adventures).

Please respond with some feedback. I'm interested in getting involved with something of this nature, and honestly... it would seem to me that most of the programs' design would just be a matter of removing alot of the features from the existing source.

Regards,

L.S. - Your friendly neighborhood Webdevil
Webmaster
Revisrocks.com