Ya know? I've been thinking the same thing, and you've given me reason to post this. Since so many people are saying mIRC 6.1 is "bug free" and "stable" and stuff like that, I thought I'd show this, it is a list of all the bugs that have already been found and confirmed. Keep in mind, 6.1 has been out for what... 2 days?

-/qme and /qmsg think they are /ame and /amsg
-/fopen creates a file even if -n isn't specified
-The colors dialog reverts the scheme after /color is used
-$decompress can crash mIRC and/or the entire PC
-$duration(N,3) screws up with large numbers
-/setlayer no longer can make mIRC transparent
-The right alt key no longer functions
-ctrl+break and ctrl+scrollock don't work correctly under WinXP
-$os returns .NET instead of 2003 for Windows Server 2003
-Paste confirm option incorrectly counts lines in a paste
-Dynamic menus (submenus) are completely broken
-"grayed text" was renamed "gray text" breaking all MTS themes
-Color codes > 16 are no longer parsed (N % 16) instead it just displays black
-Using the favorites dialog to join a channel you are already in makes the active window update, but not on the switchbar
-/hdec actually increases rather than decreases
-Multiline comments (/* */) don't work correctly if placed on a single line
-$fopen produces an error when given a file that is not opened
-Received files folder toolbar icon doesn't update if you change the received folder (for sounds) via alt+o, drop down menu will still say $mirddir\sounds
-Can no longer select multiple channels from the favorites dialog
-SOCKS proxies no longer seem to work
-$fline with regex support always does a case insensitive comparison
-$base incorrectly rounds when converting using floating point
-$dllcall/$comcall crashes if given 3 parameters
-$comcall seems to always freeze even when the same operation using $com works fine
-/fwrite -n incorrectly reports the number of bytes written to the file
-Active "dot" on script editor toolbar button does not function as described

26 bugs found already. If we found that many in 2 days, God only knows how many more will be found in the upcomming weeks. I agree, it seems that 6.1 wasn't tested at all. There were approximately 100 new features added to mIRC, with 26 bugs, that means roughly 1 out of every 4 features added has a bug in it. That seems pretty bad to me, especially seeing as how, it would seem, we've done more bug finding in the last two days than Khaled's beta testing team did in a whole year.

<General reply to those getting mad at people for complaining>

Why shouldn't people get upset? mIRC is not free, you have to pay for it, so if you pay for something, and you don't like the results, why shouldn't you be allowed to complain? If you bought a car, asked for red paint, and they gave you black would you just say "no big deal"? Or would you say "that's not what I wanted"? Because thats how I feel about mIRC 6.1, it's not at all what I wanted. And to use the same analogy, if you brought your new car home and the engine died, would you say "well you're bound to have problems with a car"? Or would you say "you sold me a broken car, I want you to fix it or give me my money back"? Because again thats how I feel, we had a perfectly functioning mIRC (6.03) and then it was, after an incredibly long wait, replaced with a buggy unstable program. So please, tell me why I should be happy?