Hey Tjerk, how difficult would this be?

Add a field in UBBThread's user profile that allows us to enter our registration info. Users who do so would have something nifty added to their status or below or beside their name.

Eg, how moderators have a little beside their name, registered users would have a similar tag... perhaps a small colored star or pac-man face (like in the icon).

If that would be too confusing, then add a tag below their Posts: and Loc: tags. I'm not sure what this tag might say, perhaps the registered user could choose what it says. Give it a red color or something so it stands out slightly.

I know this would take a bit of work and some creative coding on your part. You would also have to devise a method of verifying registration information against a conceivably huge list of registered users. I understand this would take some time and effort, but perhaps well worth it.

If channel takeovers and op status and (dare i say it without being accused) post counts are an indication of the average IRCer's ego, then I suspect most of those who post here would have no choice but to register just so they could save face amongst their peers.

- Raccoon

And no, I'm not admitting to having an ego. I take pride in having no self worth.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!