Referencing
https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads....cnick-when-auto-color-is-used#Post271314

I've asked around in several channels as well, and I can't find anyone who knows how to get the autocolor of a nick so that an echo in a query window can correctly auto-colors a nick. In trying to get the info,

//echo -a $cnick(maroon)

Returns 1, telling me the nick matches rule#1, but

//echo -a $cnick($cnick(maroon)).color

Returns $color(normal) telling me that rule#1 sets to that color, when it doesn't. But if I get more info from it,

//echo -a $cnick(maroon).auto

... tells me the nick is being autocolored, and I should be able to get the autocolor assigned to that nick, but it's not true if the nick was colored using /cline, such as a script that was using /cline to color a nick in 1 channel as either blue or green depending on if there's a dcc-get or dcc-send with that nick, and the following returns the cline color, without giving the auto color.

//cline 4 # maroon | if ($cnick(maroon).auto) echo -a $nick(#,maroon).color

One solution for this could be an identifier that does not need to know a channel name in order to give a color, nor even needs auto color to be in effect, such as $autonickcolor(maroon)

$ial(nick).color would work only if the nick is in the ial, which won't be true if you don't share a nick with them, or if yourself is not in any channels.

Something that could kill two birds with one stone would be having the auto-nick-color look for a specific alias name as an optional ovreride to the default auto color scheme, which should return a number from 0 to 98. This alias could then be called by a script elsewhere to obtain the same $autonickcolor(maroon) answer as was obtained for creating the channel list.

This would also allow overriding the current auto-color palette that allows nick colors that don't contrast well against the background, such as colors 60 and 12 chosen when the background is black. Stats say that 1/12th of males and 1/200 of females have some kind of colorblindness, and this could allow people with different kinds of colorblindness to have a palette of nick colors that work well for them, such as avoiding greens or reds.

Something that an override alias for the nick-colors auto-coloring could also do is allow people to have more control over how auto-coloring works, such as colorizing based on $gettok($ial(maroon),2,64) or $mask($ial(maroon),4) so someone stays the same color regardless of what nick they use.