The issue here is that there is a single internal window list used by all other features, including the switchbar and treebar. Some features work based on the visbility of buttons, so if there is a disconnect between the switchbar and treebar, this leads to some odd behaviours. When I originally added /window, it was only meant to apply to @windows but I gradually extended it over time to work, for some switches, with other window types. The Treebar was added later. So these issues only manifested later on as more features were added.

As Sat pointed out, the Treebar uses folders that depend on root items holding other items. In this case, status windows are the root items for all other windows related to a status window.

The /window -h for status windows can only be enabled again if the treebar can be changed to handle it as well. I have been looking through the treebar code over the last few days to see if I can find a way to make it work without status windows as root items. There's a lot of intricate code here and many dependencies on status windows as root folders for other window types. I have made some changes to remove status window dependency but it's difficult to say how well it is working until it is beta-tested. This change will be in the next beta. It will enable /window -h for status windows again and will hide the status windows in both the switchbar and the treebar, so that they are synchronized. However, there is no guarantee this will be in the next version as it will depend on whether it works correctly in different contexts and with different combinations of window types. I'll be releasing a beta once it is ready for testing.