1. Identity support should be implemented in mIRC. This will allow different users of one computer to create a username and password to access, change settings, and customize the mIRC GUI to their liking.

So upon mIRC startup, mIRC will prompt the user to select their identity (if one exists), and after the user enters their password, mIRC will load the settings set by that user.

2. The $os identifier is not complete. What about users who are running mIRC under Wine via UNIX/Linux? I think $os should return 'Wine' or 'UNIX/Linux' or possibly even 'X Windows'. This is no big deal, but I think it matters.

3. This one has been suggested before and I just want to mention it once more. An identifier that will return $true if you're connected to the internet, and $false if you're not.

$internet would be a good name.

4. Custom popups should allow an icon file to be displayed. Add a switch to $style() that will do this and everything would be cool.

5. The mIRC Script Editor should be external rather than internal. Keep in mind that not every mIRC user scripts. If a user wants to script, then a seperate editor should be available to download from the mIRC website. This would reduce the size of the mIRC executable for those who don't script.

If this can't or won't be done, then at least add syntax highlighting and minimize and maximiaze/restore buttons to the current script editor's titlebar. I hate having to right click the editor's titlebar in order to do this.

6. I don't know what other mIRC users think of the current DCC transfers window, but I think it could be much better. Take a look at mIRC v.5.81? What happend to that transfer window? That was perfect!