The syntax for passing both your account name and your password is account:PaSsWorD as your password. This has always been the case for authenticating with NickServ via the PASS method (15 years?). And it's still the syntax clients use for SASL authentication via single parameter (password field).

It might be more user friendly to add an extra box for User Name or Account Name for the authentication section, to go along with Password.

If this is done, I request that the Password field still be parsed for account:PaSsWorD if the Account field is left blank. People are often instructed to put account:PaSsWorD "as their password." ZNC. Scripts. Existing mIRC and generic client tutorials. etc. Also, the Password field is ******'d out; hiding "account" names that might contain sensitive information about the ZNC.

Edit:

Er. I stand corrected. mIRC isn't actually correctly parsing the account vs password for the AUTHENTICATION $encoded()== message with SASL /CAP. It should check if ':' exists and grab the account name from the left of the first occurrence of ':' and pass the rest as the password. This does mean that passwords cannot contain a ':' of their own unless the user's account name is passed in this fashion. All the more reason for adding an Account GUI text field.

Last edited by Raccoon; 21/02/17 05:57 AM. Reason: I stand corrected.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!