Your argument isn't really a good one. Emoticons are 1000x more related to IRC than the majority of other feature suggestions posted here (scripting extensions, music playing extensions, etc, etc). I really don't understand how mIRC has gone this long without emoticons. Other clients support it, why shouldn't mIRC? Other than people say it "is stupid" you really can't give an argument other than "mIRC is text-only" in which case, anyone who says such things, please start up another post to tell Khaled to quickly and promptly remove anything in mIRC that is not specifically related to text-based chatting. Please tell me what playing mp3s/wma/etc has to do with text chatting? What does an fserv have to do with text chatting? What does 75% of the scripting abilities (sockets come to mind) have to do with text chatting? The list goes on and on. mIRC is more than a text chatting client, and I see no reason why emoticons shouldn't be added. If you are going to mention things like flooding and stuff, then please use the search feature and see that I and others have already come up with solutions to that.