Hey so the scenario I'm working with is that I'm trying to create an IRC window which will allow me to make its background transparent, always on top and basically therefore allow me to set it as an overlay in a fullscreen-windowed game.

This... sounds like it shouldn't be such a project in the age of Xfire and Steam etc, but apparently it is. I've done extensive Googling to no avail, so here I am trying to put something together that will work myself.

First off, I can get a new window pretty easily by using the following command:

Code:
/window -dofB +d @EveryThing 0 0 [800 600]

(BTW is there a way to rid myself of the scroll bar? That would be ideal since I don't plan on actually scrolling right in the middle of the game, but more rather just want a few lines available...)

But now my difficulty comes in that I can't get the text from channels to display in that window. I was using the code from the tail end of this page to get it to print in that window (dropped right into the Remote section):

Code:
ON *:TEXT:*:#: {
  window @EveryThing
  aline @EveryThing $chr(3) $+ 5[ $+ $chr(3) $+ 2 $+ $chan $+ $chr(3) $+ 5] $chr(3) $+ 5< $+ $chr(3) $+ 10 $+ $nick($chan,$nick).pnick $+ $chr(3) $+ 5> $+ $chr(3) $+ 1 $1-
  window -g1 @EveryThing
}
Menu @EveryThing {
  Close Window: { window -c $active }
}

However, the only part that seems to be working properly out of this is the right-click to close window menu option. Which is nice, I guess. But I'd really rather get this to show what's being said in my channels, and it won't. I've tried changing 'aline' to 'echo' with no change, either.

Can anyone help?