i'd like to point out that i myself once made a script for mirc that would rename files based on info in a file. used in yearbook class with lifetouch's cd that had a easy to script database file with the pictures being named with the same numbers in the database. the script was made to change the filenames of the pictures to name - grade.JPG. why did i do this in mirc and not tcl or php? 2 words "limited account". i could grab upp and code in mirc without installing anything on my schools limited non-admin account. last i checked you cant do that in tcl.

and im the same kind of coder that made a half-assed version of a wircd in mirc, a mp3 player that didn't use /splay, a web browser based off of ie. hell a mci based video player. yes, im the type of coder that loves /dll and $dll() why dont i do this on tcl with the load unload commands? do you know of a tcl dll/so for internet control interface? or mci? or using winamp's input/output dlls? i dont.

why would i like to see mcl standalone? because its easy, it would hopfully be usable on a limited user system without admin access and because it has a higher amount of dll addon's

known on irc as MrStonedOne
read my full post before replying or dont reply. tl;dr isn't allowed here