Personally I didn't write or use (or liked to write) any script that would benefit from this feature so far. I'm well aware that this is only my particular POV, and I'd never consider myself representative of all scripters out there.
But then, personal experience showed that most of those who write scripts use less of MSLs existing features than you do or I do... and that's why I hold only a minority² of scripters would actually use it. This and the more important fact that we scripters don't represent the average mIRC user made up my previous assertions - the more people benefit from a new feature, the better the feature; and I can think of a dozen other requests which would serve more users, but didn't make it so far.
Afaik Khaled is adding features to serve users of mIRC the chat client (and MSL is his toolkit for us to extend the functionality of the chat client), not to allow a bunch of scripters perform fancy tasks that aren't related to this chat client at all. The fact than you can do it doesn't mean it's the purpose of MSL. smile You may write a music player for mIRC; it's main advantage may be that you don't need another app running alongside mIRC to hear your music. It's well valid inside mIRC. However if you want to write a standalone player - for me it's obvious to use existing standalone programming languages, -interpreters / -compilers, not to request one for the very limited MSL.