Originally Posted By: argv0
Do you have any timers running or are you using a bouncer to connect to your networks?

mIRC periodically "does stuff" on each connection, so do timers and bnc's-- if all your connections were initiated at the same time, they will all "do stuff" at those periodic times, potentially causing significant delay if what they're doing is resource intensive. There have been previous reports that psyBNC caused periodic freezing when connected to multiple networks because of data intensive commands it periodically sent to servers.

Yes, bouncer. I tried desynching the connects, but without much success so far.(still a lot of cpu usage and freezing).

Overall the freezing does seem global activity linked, at times of the day where most people are not talking responsivity is fairly good, but it is much worse at evening when everyone's talking.

One thing that might matter is that there's a non negligible amount of tcp retransmission on my DSL line, and I'm wondering if that could be causing some extreme race condition here and there.