At my age it would be considered fair to claim that you've just about seen it all but seriously I cannot believe my eyes at the moment. Mark, you sound like every parent's nightmare of a child and I feel sorry for everyone that falls victim to your petulant and hypocritic perorations.

1. Whilst it has been said several times, I will repeat it as I agree with it, and more importantly, the principles behind it: mIRC operates forever, registered or not.

2. mIRC's so-called nag screen is not disruptive and does not even stop the application starting automatically.

3. mIRC has ALWAYS had a nag screen, the only difference being that it is now a dialogue instead of a web page and that it does appear during the free period as well as after the date of expiry.

4. Once again it's been said but worthy of another mention because you seem to fail to see the point relating to the principles of shareware: Computer programmes are issued as shareware because the author wants users to have the option of try before buy. No-where have I ever seen a shareware licence indicate that a user is entitled to a free-for-all before coughing up $20.00 (read: playlunch money) for a licence.

5. Your honesty in buying a licence would mean that the nag screen disappears forever, even if you reload your machine and even if you buy a new machine and load the latest version of Windows and mIRC on it. mIRC probably offers the most generous licence conditions in that respect.

The bottom line here is that your $20.00 would be buying the software you refer to as 'worth paying for' rather than the little dialogue you have been rabbiting on about.