ok, one at a time smile

Riamus2: Honest people don't continue to use it and ignore the nag screen as you are suggesting. They either pay up or uninstall. I uninstalled.

starbucks_mafia: Your tone is somewhat abusive and it has nothing to do with not paying because it expects me to. I pay for a lot more software than previously stated. My issue is not with the application but with its marketing methods (see below).

landonsandor: It isn't spite, its principal.

ultraviolent: Yes mirc is the best but X-Chat is a close second. I can even download the sources to the windows version, remove the bit that nags/breaks the application after 30 days and then recompile and redistribute it as freeware under the terms of the GPL. It being shareware is also perfectly legal though i think the original authors deserve all the credits : )

STING: It is an honor system, there is nothing about shareware other than a persons conscience that prevents them from stealing the software. Conscience implies honor. I uninstalled.

hixxy: How many of the people who have been "woken up" have paid for the software (percentage wise?).

genius_at_work: Your arguement is (forgive the flame) utterly moronic. I can guarantee that If car salesmen started using NAG methods they would very quicly become unemployed. A car manufacturer will very often offer cars for free. Place name in bucket if you are picked this brand new limited edition fully maxed out supercar is yours.

If said car came with a "buy me now, buy me now" over the radio every time you started the car or had a salesman in the passenger seat trying to sell you another car you would probably return the car (or have the crack/patch applied : )

Car salesmen allow you to test drive a car to decide if you like it or not. This is similar to the shareware system except you cant steal the car as easily : )

Also, AVG is not crippleware, those features are not present in the free edition not crippled in it. A good example of crippleware would be an editor that only allowed you to type in one page of text and would not allow you to save it or print it. This effectivly makes the software totally useless to the user. The missing features in AVG free do not inhibit you from detecting OR removing viruses from your system.

Now, Had you pointed out that IDA Pro is crippleware you would be correct yet as previously stated I am a registered user thereof. I would not be except I needed it for work and if im going to use it im going to pay for it not steal it.

Mpdreamz: If you cant pay for it you should uninstall it. You should have uninstalled it after 30 days!

--

mIRC may be the best IRC client avaiable for ANY operating system and is not very expensive but until the nag screen is removed i will pay for it. That will probably not happen any time between now and the time the sun expires so not only is it my loss but the authors.

regards..
Mark