It seems that the /server command can be used as a remote event as well as a command.

I have a seperate script file set up for the server command and all the modifications that I plan to do to it to suit the needs of my script. Here is what I have :

Quote:

server {
.timerCID.NETWORKS.RELIST -i 0 0 cid.networks.relist

server $1-
}

The "cid.networks.relist" alias basically checks all open CIDs for an active connection. All active CIDs are listed by network name in the variable named %cid.connected. All inactive CIDs are listed in the variable %cid.disconnected.

I use the timer to execute the alias after the /server command is complete so that the new CID can be added in the variable list. I knew that opening a new server connection would do this.

I figured out that when I click the [X] to close a server connection, or use the command:

/window -c "Status Window"

that my variables get updated! So it seems that closing a server connection by any method passes the /server command through the mIRC shell or command line?

My main question is, is that supposed to happen? This is perfect for my scripting needs. That saves me the trouble of needing DLLs to record Status window opens and closes. However if this "feature" is not available in future versions of mIRC then my script will be completely useless.

I'm using mIRC v6.2.
I have no 3rd Party DLLs loaded.
Very few scripts loaded. I just started a whole re-write of my script. Nothing else uses the /server command this way in my script.

EDIT:
If you create a custom window @test, and replace the .timer command with:

echo @test weird quirk

the only time you see "weird quirk" is when you use the /server command. However despite that, my alias is still passed through the command line when a window is closed...

Last edited by TheArkive; 03/11/06 02:09 AM.