First of all, thanks for not just leaving it at the driver laugh I had already checked into that as it was my first suspicion as well, and had tried finding an updated version of it. I believe that it has to do with my wireless networking card. Anyways while it still may be part of the problem, I don't think the error is entirely based on that. (I was a bit worried that when I posted, that's what everybody was going to say).

I tried your $nopath2, and it still crashed frown. My next path I guess, is to maybe try slowing down the rate that it sends the data over the socket using timers. I think it may be a problem with the findfile, like you said, that maybe it isn't checked for buffer overflows. If that's the case, well I'll just have to write around it wink

By the way, one of the other things I suspected when I was first testing the problem, was the operating systems of the machines: The one that wasn't an XP machine is basically my test box - when I was working with that the first time, I had Debian Linux installed on it. I tried this time though with Windows 2000 on it, and the problem still persisted, so I've outruled remote-OS's (thinking maybe the linux drivers read data slightly differently) being the problem. I forgot to mention this in the earlier post.

thanks for your quick response and help, if you have any other ideas please go ahead and post them. I'll be happy to come across any possible solutions!