* Mentality rolls his eyes

I didn't say that, people send each other HTTP links all the time in conversation, help channels use them LOADS as a reference to websites, so it makes sense, and it's a matter of convenience, that you can click them.

I see no place for a filesharing-related protocol to be supported, and anyway, if people wanted it so bad (and it can't be that many people seeing as this is the first thread I've seen suggesting it), can it not be scripted through ON HOTLINK? (DON'T go jumping on the band wagon about how "everything can be scripted, so nothing should be added", that argument has got boring).

It'd be a lot harder to explain that mIRC is not a file sharing program if it goes and adds support for such a protocol.

If however, there is some sort of ambiguous feature added to mIRC so that you can specify any protocol...let's say, a text box where you type in the protocol trigger, and then click on 'Browse..' to search for a program it should be associated with, then I wouldn't have an issue. Dunno how easy that would be though, and it seems like a pretty UI-version of ON HOTLINK anyway.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris