If your curious as to how it could work, have a look at how server side validated webforms work, either using submit on completion or submitting apon any change. And as with anything on irc someone would send something, i see no problem with it being dcc dialog like idea, as to open to abuse, its no more open to abuse as dcc send already is, these open dialog like window on your end already, unless your rejecting the file, As to using proprietry code, while ok with me, alot of people dont like having to install scripts, so a built in function to allow remote dialogs would solve this. As to cant exist on its own, no scripts need reside on the remote pc, the idea is the actions taken in the dialog are returned to the server that sent it, any script action takes palece there. I doubt it would be included in a new version of mirc simply becuase i doubt it would ever be included. and as for me loosing interest well i havent lost ir or gained it, and i dont need to script it as Im not the one who requested it, not that i can see that it would take much of a script to be installed on the remote end, just something to notice a dialog build request, and its dialog data, and a dialog event driver that replies with what was done in the dialog.