Quote:
If i tell mIRC to evaluate a line of script from the mapped file how could you not infer that that is indeed its job.

I never claimed the opposite - my point was that your assumption about the context for the evaluation was, indeed, an assumption. I'm not sure if you saw the edit I made to in last reply to you, but I guess you haven't - I would say that it proves that your assumption was wrong, and that the issue at stake here is the evaluation context; your problem with $cid is only a symptom in that regard.

Quote:
no different than an alias calling another alias etc..

Since SendMessage is an anonymous way of communicating with mIRC (the WM_MEVALUATE message itself does not tell mIRC where it came from, it could have been an external process sending the message!), I would say that your assumption is not "fair" in the sense that it does not logically imply how evaluation with SendMessage should behave. An external process would usually not want to execute from the context of the currently running script, after all.

However, mIRC could determine whether the SendMessage came from a DLL called by a script, by checking InSendMessage() when processing the WM_MEVALUATE message, and picking an evaluation context based on that - and in fact, that would make a nice feature suggestion. smile

Saturn, QuakeNet staff