I've upgraded from mIRC 7.1 to 7.14. Happy to see the Unicode bugs fixed and lots of other great stuff, but there's a highly annoying issue which has been introduced between those versions (meaning 7.1 did not have the problem).
When minimising and restoring the main mIRC window, historically the last channel/chat window you had editbox/input focus on (e.g. where the blinking cursor is) was restored. With 7.14 (or a version somewhere in between), this no longer works -- input focus is lost.
Reproduction steps on Windows XP Professional (32-bit):
- Run mIRC 7.14
- Connect to an IRC network and join a channel
- Bring to the foreground the Status window (the input cursor should now be blinking at the bottom of the Status window)
- In the Windows taskbar, select the mIRC application, thus minimising it
- In the Windows taskbar, select the mIRC application, thus restoring it
- There is no input focus (no blinking cursor in any editbox, no where to type, etc.). You have to manually click on the window which last had input focus
I have a feeling the problem was introduced in 7.11, as the ChangeLog (versions.txt
) has these two items:
43. Fixed /editbox -n focus bug.
44. Extended /editbox -fN switch, where N = 1 sets focus and N = 2 uses editbox with current focus.
If this isn't a bug but a newly-introduced feature, I'd like to know how to restore the previous behaviour.
Back to 7.1 I go...