mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
koitsu Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
I've upgraded from mIRC 7.1 to 7.14. Happy to see the Unicode bugs fixed and lots of other great stuff, but there's a highly annoying issue which has been introduced between those versions (meaning 7.1 did not have the problem).

When minimising and restoring the main mIRC window, historically the last channel/chat window you had editbox/input focus on (e.g. where the blinking cursor is) was restored. With 7.14 (or a version somewhere in between), this no longer works -- input focus is lost.

Reproduction steps on Windows XP Professional (32-bit):

- Run mIRC 7.14
- Connect to an IRC network and join a channel
- Bring to the foreground the Status window (the input cursor should now be blinking at the bottom of the Status window)
- In the Windows taskbar, select the mIRC application, thus minimising it
- In the Windows taskbar, select the mIRC application, thus restoring it
- There is no input focus (no blinking cursor in any editbox, no where to type, etc.). You have to manually click on the window which last had input focus

I have a feeling the problem was introduced in 7.11, as the ChangeLog (versions.txt) has these two items:

43. Fixed /editbox -n focus bug.
44. Extended /editbox -fN switch, where N = 1 sets focus and N = 2 uses editbox with current focus.

If this isn't a bug but a newly-introduced feature, I'd like to know how to restore the previous behaviour.

Back to 7.1 I go...

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Confirmed.

The cursor seems to briefly be active in the editbox when the window is restored, but then loses focus.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

Confirmed here too. Windows XP Pro 32 & Windows 7 Pro 64

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks this issue has been fixed for the next version.

K
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
K
this bug still happens with windows on the desktop with v7.32.

for example, open any private message, click the top left icon and click 'Desktop' and then minimize it and restore it. no flashing text cursor frown

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report. This was recently reported here and has been fixed for the next version.

Link Copied to Clipboard