mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
K
kieran Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
K
Hi. Since upgrading my PC from Windows 10 to Windows 11, the flashing Icon in the taskbar has stopped working. Under MIRC Options -> Display -> Options I have the "Animate Icon when There is Activity" option checked. I also have un der MIRC Option -> IRC -> Options -> Flash on Message checked for "Query" and "Chat".

However the Taskbar Icon never flashes. This worked just fine until I upgraded to Win 11.

I'm running a registered version of MIRC 7.75

Can anyone help

K
kieran Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I have checked and can confirm that the flashing taskbar icon definitely works with MIRC 7.75 with those options checked on Windows 10.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know why?

Cheers in advance all.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I just tested mIRC v7.75 on Windows 11 and the mIRC app icon in the Windows taskbar is flashing as expected.

Windows 11 allows you to enable/disable flashing app icons. If you open Windows Settings, Personalization, TaskBar, Taskbar Behaviours... is "Show Flashing on TaskBar Apps" enabled?

K
kieran Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Yes, it is

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Just to confirm: are you referring to the mIRC icon in the Windows TaskBar? Or the mIRC icon in the Windows System Tray?

The Windows TaskBar is the horizontal bar at the bottom of the Windows desktop, where app icons appear if you minimize an application.

The Windows System Tray is the right-most part of the Windows TaskBar, where small icons are displayed.

K
kieran Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Yes, definitely the taskbar. The long bar that runs the full length of the screen at the bottom. Not the system tray to the extreme far right.

could it perhaps be a conflict with multiple ini files?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
As far as I can tell, this would not be caused by a conflict with multipl mirc.ini files.

If you run mIRC and type the following into the status window and press enter:

/timerflash -o 1 4 flash

and then quickly switch to another application, so mIRC no longer has the focus, does the mIRC app icon flash after a few seconds?

Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
Originally Posted by Khaled
As far as I can tell, this would not be caused by a conflict with multipl mirc.ini files.

If you run mIRC and type the following into the status window and press enter:

/timerflash -o 1 4 flash

and then quickly switch to another application, so mIRC no longer has the focus, does the mIRC app icon flash after a few seconds?

Here on my Windows 11 build 26016, using the last mIRC beta, the flash is working

K
kieran Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hi,
Sorry for delay in replying. Using this command

/timerflash -o 1 4 flash

and then alt-tab to another app does NOT make the taskbar icon flash. At all.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
and then alt-tab to another app does NOT make the taskbar icon flash.
In that case, something else is going on, because this works fine here on Windows 11.

If you install a separate, clean copy of mIRC into an empty folder, using the "portable" option in the installer, and run that copy of mIRC, and then use the above /timer command, does the mIRC app icon flash?

K
kieran Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I'll try that. I'll also try installing some other app that has taskbar notifications and see if they work.

Link Copied to Clipboard