mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The beta changelog does not mention two new props for $notify, $notify().away $notify().awaymsg.

I added these for testing purposes. I will be removing them from the next beta as they are not reliable. See here for an explanation.

K
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
K
$ial().bot

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
/help /topic

doesn't show the -r switch
states this can be used to change topic, but doesn't mention removing or just displaying it

K
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
K
/echo [color] has "0 to 15". Should that be "0 to 98"?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/270602/add-missing-mouse-key-bitmasks

Referencing the other thread. v7.71 enables the new bitmasks but the /help lists only those up through 16.

Code
1 Left mouse button
2 Either Ctrl key
4 Either Shift key
8 Either Alt key
16 Right mouse button
32 Middle mouse button
64 Right Shift key
128 Right Ctrl key
256 Right Alt key
512 CapsLock
1024 ScrlLock
2048 NumLock
4096 Left Shift
8192 Left Ctrl
16384 Left Alt

I'm taking it on faith that 32 is the mouse's middle button, because I don't have one. A middle button, not a mouse.

P
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
P
A reminder to all that an alternative source of documentation which is maintained by the community is Wikichip.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
$wrap(text, font, size, width, bipt, N)

the 'w' switch is mentioned in the lower text, but not in the above syntax.

K
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
K

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The /help Key Combinations
page can be fleshed out with missing hotkeys. I looked to see if the ctrl+shift+del window mentioned by eahms was there, and found it wasn't the only thing missing

alt+A / alt+J / alt+D for favorites and/or aliases
alt+B addressbook
alt+C chat
alt+E server-connect window
alt+I online timer
alt+K colors
alt+L channel list
alt+N Notify list
alt+O options menu
alt+P popups
alt+R script editor
alt+S dcc send
alt+U toggle Urls

Some navigation keys are missing or incomplete.
For Ctrl+Home and Ctrl+End the description reads as if it applies only to the editbox, but is in a section outside of "Editbox keys". And then a lot of editbox and script editor navigation keys are missing, such as Ctrl+Backspace, Shift+Home/End, shift+leftclick, Ctrl+Left/Right Arrows, etc

I'm used to seeing these described as arrow, so took me a little bit to figure out what 'cursor' meant here, since that usually means the position where the cursor is blinking. Likewise figuring out that 'copy' in several places means 'holding the left mouse button down'

For the items explained in other pages, can simply have a hyperlink instead of repeating the description

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Recently added: $server().connect and $server().minimized corresponding to the new server list option

Added a long time ago: /window -T I think it's supposed to allow the shift + tab option for nicklist which toggle the nicklist (sidelistbox) on/off when you have it to auto hide. I couldn't get that behavior to work.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Searching from the Nth line onward in $fline requires the T parameter to be passed as 0, passing $null fails. The help file should clarify this, I almost wrote a bug report.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
P
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
P
I still believe that open-sourcing the help file on Github would not be a major Intellectual Property issue, but would enable the community to update the help file contents for the benefit of all.

And I would also say the same for servers.ini - putting this on Github would allow the community to make servers.ini both more comprehensive and reflect the churn of IRC servers. I suspect that this would also result in a community member creating a script to update existing users servers.ini file from a new servers.ini file downloaded from Github.

All that said, this is entirely up to Khaled (since he owns the IP) and it is completely understandable (and completely within his rights) if he decides he doesn't wish to open source these two items.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard