Print Thread
#246550 18/06/14 11:16 PM
I
Iire Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
I
If two or more slashes are used when running the /alias command from the command line, (or if the /alias command is run from a script), it will run silently. Compare:

Code:
/alias test1 noop

to

Code:
//alias test2 noop

The first prints * Added 'test1' alias, while the second doesn't print anything. The same behavior occurs, of course, when removing aliases via //alias.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report. The /alias command was added very early on in the scripting language and it appears that, at the time, someone requested that it hide output if it was called from a script but show output if it was called from an editbox. It is a bit of an anomaly because it is the only command that does this (I think). Unfortunately the method for determining the editbox/script state has changed since it was added, so when you use //alias in an editbox it thinks it is being called from a script and hides the output. I am going to change the alias command so that it works like set/inc/dec which hide output by default but support -s to show the output. This probably makes the most sense.

Link Copied to Clipboard