Print Thread
J
jauco Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
J
Hello

Since the upgrade to mIRC 7.34, the "About mIRC" window that opens each time mIRC starts has changed. When I click on "Continue" on the new "About mIRC" window, a loading throbber shows up and then the application hangs. This started happening after the update. I have to force quit it.

I have tried to do a complete reinstall, problem is still there. OS is Win 7.

What should I do? Thanks for any help.

Last edited by jauco; 26/06/14 10:10 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thank you for your post. If you can please type the following into the status window in mIRC:

Quote:
//echo -a $os $version $beta $md5($mircexe,2) $file($mircexe).sig $alias(0) $script(0) $dll(0) $com(0)

and post your results here, this will help in tracking down the issue.

Please also try the following:

Install a clean copy of mIRC into a new, empty folder in your Windows Documents folder using the "portable" option in the installer. If you run mIRC from this folder, do you see the same issue?

Are you using anti-virus/security software? If you disable and close it down completely and then run mIRC, do you see the same issue?

J
jauco Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
J
Originally Posted By: Khaled
Thank you for your post. If you can please type the following into the status window in mIRC:

Quote:
//echo -a $os $version $beta $md5($mircexe,2) $file($mircexe).sig $alias(0) $script(0) $dll(0) $com(0)

and post your results here, this will help in tracking down the issue.

Results: 7 7.34 6d26b9d96695a5be6c0efb385a9153f5 ok 1 1 0 0

Please also try the following:

Install a clean copy of mIRC into a new, empty folder in your Windows Documents folder using the "portable" option in the installer. If you run mIRC from this folder, do you see the same issue?

I did that using the portable option but problem still exists.

Are you using anti-virus/security software? If you disable and close it down completely and then run mIRC, do you see the same issue?

Didn't help frown

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
To track down this issue, I will very likely need to create a beta version of mIRC for you to test out. I will send you a private forum message with details shortly.

K
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
K
Hello, i met this bug for some time
bug mirc freeze
I followed your request : mirc no freeze
But I have never met this bug on this disk there, but on my hard disk E
the bug does not act constantly but occurs periodically

N
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
N
I am seeing this issue too. What was the workaround provided for this please? If anyone has a solution for this, I would really appreciate your help.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report. I have not been able to reproduce this issue so far. I will contact you directly to see if we can find a way of tracking down this issue.

K
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
K
Please let us know if the cause is discovered and/or fixed. I'm having the same issue. Also using Win 7. I tried turning off Anti-Virus, and as many other programs as I could, but didn't seem to have any affect. The problem doesn't happen every time, but most of the time for me (80%?).

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your post. A few users have been testing a beta version of mIRC and they report that it seems to resolve the issue. However, more testing would really help. I will contact you directly with a link to the beta so that you can try it out.

S
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
S
I am also experiencing this issue.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A beta version of mIRC has been released that should resolve this issue. You can download it from here. If you continue to experience this issue with the beta, please let us know.

S
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
S
I updated it and all is well so far. Thank you.

Link Copied to Clipboard