Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
H
Hey. I have this /eval alias:
Code:
alias eval { 
  var %t = $ticks 
  say 14[15 $+ $eval($1-,1) $+ 14] 15== 14[15 $+ $eval($1-,2) $+ 14] 15 $+ $iif($calc($ticks - %t) <= 10000, - $v1 $+ ms,$round($calc( - $v1 / 1000),2) $+ s) 
}
I would like to be able to use a DNS with that. For example, a _DNS alias. You would use /eval $_dns(google.com) .... and it would return the resolved IP address. However, i need it with a few custom things. Like...
  • It needs to be able to use the -c and -h switches of the DNS command, in the format of $_dns(google.com).h and $_dns(google.com).c
  • It also needs to have a method of flood control. What I mean is, if there are more than 1 IPs associated with a host, it will display only the first. But then it would echo me saying: "There is more" And by using $_dns(google.com).all it would return all.
I know this may be confusing. I tried it for hours, and couldn't even come close. The best I got, is using a timer, and hoping by the time the timer was up, the dns would have resolved. Any and all help is much appreciated. TIA! TIA! TAI!

Best Regards,

Austin

-- HAMM3R (aka: alhammer)
http://www.HAMM3R.net
#125140 15/07/05 05:23 AM
H
HAMM3R Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
H
I ended up using another script that uses the dos prompt (COM) for ping, and modified it (with help wink ) to work as a dns. It was too late to edit my post, so ill just ask that you disregard my first post. Unless of course you know of a better way to do the dns rather than with COM. grin

Best Regards,

Austin

-- HAMM3R (aka: alhammer)
http://www.HAMM3R.net
#125141 15/07/05 06:00 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Actually its not COM that's doing the DNS...this is done simply with MS DOS command line commands, but the COM code used is to halt mIRC from processing further code in the same alias, before the results have been fully retrieved.

Gone.

Link Copied to Clipboard