mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#132999 16/10/05 04:03 PM
S
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
S
Well, NNS had been working fine for me up until recentely. The only thing I could think of that's happened, is that I [censored] up my boot.ini file, but I don't know how this could've had any effect.

In any event, I reinstalled mIRC (the new one) and NNS (the new one aswel). Before installing NNS, mIRC would work completley fine. However, after installing NNS, I would get, "*Break: Command halted" everytime. If I tried to join a server, I would get, "*Break : Command halted (aliases.nns)".

I don't know if this is a problem with NNS or my computer, but help would be appreciated. This seems like it won't be fixed, though, as it's a very weird problem.

Also, I don't know if I was successful at posting this the firs ttime and my thread was just deleted, because I got no notification of anythign liek that. I think I accidentally just hit post preview and went off thinking it had posted... If not, though. sorry, this problem is very urgent and I need an answer.

D
Babel fish
Babel fish
D
I think the problem lies with NNS considering the error is originating from aliases.nns. I'm not familiar enough with NNS to offer any solutions though. Sorry.

S
OP Offline
S
Quote:
I think the problem lies with NNS considering the error is originating from aliases.nns. I'm not familiar enough with NNS to offer any solutions though. Sorry.

Well, it's not only aliases.nns. I have an autojoine.mrc script, and it would refference that, too.

D
Babel fish
Babel fish
D
Is that script of your own making?

S
OP Offline
S
Quote:
Is that script of your own making?

Yes it was, in fact. But when I looked at line 2, there was nothing wrong with it.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Well, the line number isn't necessarily where the problem originated from... just where it finally halted. Try unloading your script and see if you have the same problem.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
S
OP Offline
S
Quote:
Well, the line number isn't necessarily where the problem originated from... just where it finally halted. Try unloading your script and see if you have the same problem.

Yes, it still persists after it was gone. I don't know if I mentioned it in the beginning of the post, but it will do this no matter what script is unloaded, if NNS is installed...

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I'd say then, that you should completely remove NNS and redownload/install it. Make sure it's working, then install any other scripts and make sure those work after loading each script so that you know if something conflicts. You may have to redo all your settings, but it should fix your problem.

Invision Support
S
OP Offline
S
THat's just the thing I've trying to be getting across, though. When it was just a mIRC installation, it worked; then after I installed NNS, with no other script, it dstarts doing the "*Break: Command halted" thing.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Yes, and as I mentioned, try completely reinstalling it fresh. If it's a problem with NNS, you should probably talk to them about it as they would have a better idea of how to fix the problem. But, a complete reinstall into a new folder should probably fix the problem.

Invision Support
K
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
K
I am getting the same error after installing a remote script it started giving me the Break Command Halted every time I tried to run. I unload script and still no success. I re-installed mIRC and still receiving the error.
Any Ideas

Being for itself in nothingnes. Being & Nothingness. By Jean Paul Satyre.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Since your 1st post in 10 years is replying to a 12-year-old post, I'm wondering if you're having this problem in a version older than 6.35?

Can you reply with the output of:

Code:
//echo -a $os $version $beta $md5($mircexe,2) $file($mircexe).sig $alias(0) $script(0) $dll(0) $com(0)

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The solution is these 3 steps.

* Mash the keys CTRL + BREAK a few times.
(Press and hold down CTRL, press and release BREAK, then release CTRL)

* Mash the keys CTRL + SCRLLOCK a few times.
(Press and hold down CTRL, press and release SCRLLOCK, then release CTRL)

* MASH the keys CTRL + ALT + SHIFT; both sides.
(All SIX (6) keys, left and right, should be pressed and released together several times)

alternately

* Just reboot.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!

Link Copied to Clipboard