mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
Some time ago i was post on that forum about changeging old .hlp;) Now i converted to the new chm format..
And now it can be translated;) Anyone whant?;D

In that mIRC Help Chm version all keywords is full anchored so you go to desired keyword page much faster than in the standard .hlp mIRC Help file version.
That(lots of scroooolling) always annoy me.. So for that i converted it.. Hope you'll enjoy it..

I already post that help file at biggest mirc sites(can't at mirc.net, don't know why).. So if you whant test it.. I'll be happy to hear what it works wink

http://members.lycos.co.uk/mdlogs/mirc/Mirc6.14.55.zip

Thanks.

mIRC Chm Help 6.16.0.3 Full Anchored!
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
Tonight, mIRC Chm Help was updated to 6.16.01..
Download here..

Here is the changes.. Between version.. I just comparate the two .hlp(6.14 and 6.16) version and make changes..

26/09/2004 - mIRC Chm Help 6.16 v.0.1

Changes:
- Updated from mIRC Help 6.14 to mIRC Help 6.16(updated 17 files)..

Syntax: Topic - changes

- Author - Now that section is much shorter..
- COM Objects - 1. Added $comval()
2. Added "Example 3"
- Custom Windows - 1. Added new switch -H to /window
2. Also Tjerk/Khaled forget to add the new H swith at "/window [-abBcCdeEfg[N]hikl[N]mnoprRsvwxz]".. I been added now(but i shoudn't do that.. it will create confuse for me when i'll update to next help version) wink
- File and Directory Identifiers - fixed comments about s switch at $read function..
- If-then-else statements - 1. Added iswmcs operator
2. $ifmatch was replaced with $v1 and $v2 ($ifmatch is now undocumented)
- Basic IRC Commands - 1. A little redesigned
2. Added /notice
- mIRC Commands - 1. New -k switch to /filter
2. New -z switch to /font
3. Some changes in /load
- mIRC Commands (p - z) - 1. Added -ils switch to /url
- Nick and Address Identifiers - 1. $snicks fixed a typo
- Notify List - 1. 2 reformulated sentences, nothing important
- on FILESENT/FILERCVD - 1. Added $send(-1) and $get(-1)
- on HOTLINK - 1. Added $hotlinepos
- Other Identifiers - 1. New u option at $input
- Picture Windows - 1. New -o switch in /drawpic
- Playing Sounds - 1. New $inwave, $inmidi, $insong pause properties
- Sockets - 1. "The sockwrite event is triggered.." reformulated
- Text and Number Identifiers - 1. Added $replacex and $replacexcs
- Added keys: $comval, iswmcs, $v1, $v2, /notice, $hotlinepos, $replacex, $replacexcs
- Removed keys: $ifmatch (now it's undocumented)
- Fixed some html tags in the converted chm version..

N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
link doesn't work

-Nick (Darko)
-Admin irc.aussiechat.org
-#Chatzone, #helpdesk
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
Yah, that is lycos hotlink protection.. (if you want make it work, you must put manualy the link in the adress bar)
I put it also on the mirc.net site.. You can download it there..

P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
You do realise that what you are suggesting is probably illegal in most jurisdictions?

You are making someone else's intellectual property available without their permission. Anyone making a translation is probably in violation of their local copyright laws for this reason.

Worse, despite the breach of legislation regarding intellectual property theft, the translated text may then be copyright (c) the translator, meaning that Khaled/Tjerk would need *permission* to use it or make it available!

Unless you have specific approval from Khaled, you yourself are also in breach of the law. The license agreement clearly states:

Copyright © 1995-2004 mIRC Co. Ltd.
All Rights Reserved

That bit about "all rights reserved" should concern you. Oh, and of course, both mIRC and the mIRC logo are registered trademarks of mIRC Co. Ltd. in the UK, so you have a problem there, too...

And no offence, but what about quality control? (As a professional translator myself, I *know* how easy it is to make mistakes even with very simple texts!)

I am VERY MUCH in favour of having help files (and indeed the whole of mIRC) translatable - but this MUST be done through mIRC's authors. This is why there is a translations page on this website. More to the point, Khaled has already said (in his personal FAQ) that ""we should be seeing mIRC in languages other than English in the near future""

PM

IRCnet & DALnet @#travelersinn
:-: IRC for fun and relaxation :-:
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
Good point.. I never through about that..

The first objective in making that chm version for mIRC community was to remove the need to scroll each time to the same portion of text(just click desired keyword, and you are there!)..
Imho the translation is not in my competence(1. i don't have enough time 2. it must be good promoted to find volunteers 3. the translating mechanism must be elaborated, translating so much text by one person is not so easy)..

The “translation” word in first post was just a joke;) A simple converting take so much time.. But translation can take much more..
But i'm sure what that chm, what in fact is a bunch of html(it's also little css’ed) files, will help at making translation.. But now, for me the english version is just perfect.

Cheers, Adrenalin from Moldova.

Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
Updated to Help Chm 6.14.12..

members.lycos.co.uk/mdlogs/mirc/mirc_chm.zip

- The $ifmatch is still in the doc, but only in the "other identifier" topic(readded in the keywords list)
- Removed from faq the stuff about translation..

Link Copied to Clipboard