mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
I have a few questions concerning preparing the Eggbot. This has nothing to do with its configuration, only its preperation on a Windows PC for a Unix shell server.

1) Is it still considered a Windrop if the shell it will be running on is a Unix system?

2) Will preparing and compiling the bot on a Windows XP system make it so the bot will be unable to operate on the Unix shell server?

3) Does anybody know of any great resources for preparing a Windrop? I've had little success on IRC.

Thanks so much.

D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
Hi there,

Quote:
1) Is it still considered a Windrop if the shell it will be running on is a Unix system?

A Windrop will not run on a UNIX shell because it has been compiled for Windows and not UNIX. if a Windrop *could* be run under a UNIX, then it'd be just that - a Windrop running under UNIX.

Quote:
2) Will preparing and compiling the bot on a Windows XP system make it so the bot will be unable to operate on the Unix shell server?

Unless you compile the bot *for* UNIX, it will not execute on a UNIX system. Try using a Windows port of the open-source GCC compiler for this task.

Quote:
3) Does anybody know of any great resources for preparing a Windrop? I've had little success on IRC.

Try here.

Good luck smile

M
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
Thanks so much for the information =)

Link Copied to Clipboard