Print Thread
#97304 10/09/04 06:45 PM
K
kerpele Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
K
i like the window transparency option that mirc has, but what i'm missing is an option to make the background of a channel window 100% transparent, so that i'd see the conversations (or idling for that matter) against my wallpaper and/or any possibly open applications crazy

#97305 10/09/04 07:14 PM
D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
as far as i know you can't. I think it was removed to stop someone setting a channel or the whole of mIRC to 100% transparent. You can change windows set to desktop by going to display/options/windows and you can change your channel windows to desktop by clicking on the little icon next to the channel name and clicking "desktop"

[Edit] Reply to post below this one: :tongue:

Last edited by Danthemandoo; 10/09/04 08:52 PM.
#97306 10/09/04 08:03 PM
K
kerpele Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted By: Danthemandoo
as far as i know you can't.

well, that's pretty much why i'm posting this in the feature suggestions section smirk

Last edited by kerpele; 10/09/04 08:03 PM.
#97307 10/09/04 08:07 PM
N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
there was a member of the forum a while ago who managed to produce an application that will provide the transpareny you are trying to obtain. although many users of the forum are a little unaccepting of the program. i have tried it and love it. here is a quote from that one persons' past thread

Quote:
I promise I will as soon as I made it more userfriendly. I have a meeting tomorrow but I'll fix it up sometime before friday.

The application will be online on www.sleepwalkers.org or you can get it directly from me, from dalnet , #sleepwalkers , nickname : SyntaxError

i have tried looking for it on the site. but had no luck in finding it. i would try using his contact information.

-Nick (Darko)
-Admin irc.aussiechat.org
-#Chatzone, #helpdesk
#97308 10/09/04 11:43 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The reason his (sikyash or however it's spelt) app got flamed is because he tried to force it on everyone and most of the regular users got sick and tired of every second post in Development being dedicated to it. It doesn't provide genuine transparency at any rate but rather does a cut and paste of the desktop to the mIRC windows which was admitted by sikyash and compared to X Chat which does much the same thing.

Elsewhere on this forum it was explained that Windows currently doesn't support the transparency option that alot of people (including myself) want mIRC to have. I think this is a shame but at the same time it is not the end of the world. We just have to live with it.

#97309 11/09/04 09:59 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I think this post has some relevance.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard