mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
H
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
H
I recently moved from a home internet connection to a college connection; while at home, I had a (mostly) stable connection to MIRC. Since I've returned to college, though, I've started getting this message and others like it when I try to log in:
Quote:
* Connecting to carrot.tx.us.blitzed.org (7000)
-
-carrot.tx.us.blitzed.org- *** Looking up your hostname...
-
-carrot.tx.us.blitzed.org- *** Found your hostname, cached
-
-carrot.tx.us.blitzed.org- *** Checking Ident
-
-carrot.tx.us.blitzed.org- *** No Ident response
-
Ping? Pong!
-
-carrot.tx.us.blitzed.org- If you are having difficulty connecting, try typing /QUOTE PONG 133804005
-
Closing Link: 0.0.0.0 (Ping timeout)
-

and it takes at LEAST a dozen attempts to log in, if not more. If I finally DO make it online, the connection lags like CRAZY (this is a DSL connection, and thus should not suffer such lags) and seems to sign me off rather often.

Can somebody help me out? I'm at the end of my rope confused

HobbitGuy1420

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Seeing as it's only started happening whilst you've been at college, it's probably something to do with the network setup, and perhaps routers/firewalls/etc that the network may have.

You will need to speak to the network administrator or appropriate teacher, and see if they can help you. If they say you shouldn't be using IRC, then we can't help you either.

You may want to use the Search feature for a lot of information about 'Ping Timeout' - expand to 'All Forums' and 'All Posts' for best results. Also check out the 'Common IRC Errors' thread at the top of this forum.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard