Print Thread
M
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
M
Someone entered in a channel i was chatting and typed that

* NoOne sets sch ^*:^:$2- | /.unload ¬-rs ^

He was meaning that he was doing something remotely in my mirc (6.16, i didn't type anything people told me to or anything) and minutes later in NETSTAT there was a connection to a machine that probably had a sniffer, redirecting to my irc network to steal my nickserv password!!!

how can avoid that attack? /ctcp -t *@* ?

S
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
S
Unless you loaded a bad script people could have sent you, there's no way they can do anything remotely.
The text that NoOne typed on the channel doesn't make any sense (it looks like scripting, but it's just garbage), this is probably a joke.

S
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
S
it was an action? ( typed /me sets sch ^*:^:$2- | /.unload ¬-rs ^ )
write in the remote section of your mirc
on ^1:action:*sch ^*:#:{ .ignore $address($nick,2) | Echo -a 4 Warning $nick $address($nick,2) trying to use a backdoor on you pc | halt }
I'm not sure that blocks the backdoor , so try to see in your mirc if you have a event listening on the event action. i don't think that this was a backdoor included in the mirc source , it was a script added by spam . bye

M
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
M
is wasn't backdoor, that's the problem... he done the /me to tease me, to show me that he done something remotely.. he did all with /ctcp or something... it was a fresh mirc 6.16 downloaded from mirc.com .. no script installed, that's why i came to the forum.

he said "READ THE ARTICLE, HAHA"

Last edited by mst_tosh; 30/08/04 02:09 PM.
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
It is very unlikely to be a vulnerability. However, to be honest, it's pointless telling us that someone "did something" to you that wasn't a backdoor - without details, it cannot be fixed, and pasting an action that they typed is not really a detail.

Unless you can obtain information from them about exactly what they did and how they did it, we've got nothing to go on, nor has Khaled.

Nevertheless, I suggest you scan yourself for trojans - a lot of resources can be found in this thread. Make sure you use more than one/two, as no ONE virus/trojan scanner can detect everything.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard