mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#95704 26/08/04 03:16 PM
A
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
A
i am using mIRC for more than 3 years and i am bored about the same look and feel. y dont u surprise us with a brand new look in your next version?

am afraid to use some unknown scripts. y dont u release an official mIRC Script for the OPs?

AK
#95705 26/08/04 03:22 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Quote:

dont u surprise us with a brand new look in your next version

Khaled changes "suttle" things in mIRC to make it look slightly different it would be silly for him to change everything because what you define as "good" might be totally different to what i deem "good" and vice-versa.

For example, Khaled changed the 'visual effect' on the Switchbar several versions back and loads of people had a fit because it looked "awful" in their oppion, others liked it.

Quote:

am afraid to use some unknown scripts

Although you should use others scripts with caution (if at all), use recommended websites like, mIRCscripts.org that have a review section where you can read about the script and get other peoples oppions.

Quote:

y dont u release an official mIRC Script for the OPs?

I would guess because theres loads of scripts out there and Khaled is probably to busy with perfecting mIRC and real life.

Eamonn.

#95706 27/08/04 01:54 AM
A
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
A
Learn how to script and don't be so lazy.

#95707 27/08/04 08:33 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
How can you possible deem someone as lazy without knowing the entire situation? What if the user uses mIRC for 20 minutes a day to talk to some people, and doesn't have time to spend hours scripting?Not everyone is out of school, with nothing better to do than load up 20 dlls, tweak the gui, and put countless lines into a mIRC scripting window.

Whether you are or aren't on school vacation, or just happen to be proficient at scripting, you have no right to judge someone on their amount of activity they put forth into a program. How about you find other things to do than call another person lazy?

-KingTomato
#95708 27/08/04 09:40 AM
P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
Learn how to be polite and don't be so judgemental.

PM

IRCnet & DALnet @#travelersinn
:-: IRC for fun and relaxation :-:

Link Copied to Clipboard