mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#95456 25/08/04 03:16 AM
L
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
L
What I'd like to see is (and if you have a scripted solution so far, please paste it or the link so I can see it) ON RAWMODE handle $vnick, $opnick and $hnick so we could do something like this:

on *:rawmode:#: {
if ($vnick == comparison-one) { one }
if ($hnick == comparison-two) { two }
if ($opnick == comparison-three) { three }
}

I KNOW we've talked about in other threads about combining all the ON (DE)OP/VOICE/HOP events into one and what Im basically looking for is an EASY way to link up mode and nickname. I have seen some of the examples like using(snipped for screen space):

Code:
on *:RAWMODE:#: { 
  if ($1 == +a) { echo $chan $nick what ever "a" means $2-  }
  if ($1 == -a) { echo $chan $nick what ever "a" means $2- }
  /echo -s Raw mode line: $nick set $1- 
}

from THIS LINK but that doesnt quite do it. Sure it will work if +a/-a is in $1, but I want to tie +a/-a to the proper nickname (so if +aaa-aaa is the mode change I can easily manipulate nick1 nick2 nick3 nick4 nick5 nick6) in $2 hence my idea of having (if possible) $vnick, $hnick and $opnick all work in ON RAWMODE. I HOPE this all makes sence to you guys

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
#95457 25/08/04 12:38 PM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
$xnick identifiers won't really be much use for RAWMODE events. Firstly because they're only available for a few common modes, the 'rarer' modes won't have the identifiers, yet it's those modes which people are most likely to be looking to capture from RAWMODE since for the common ones they'd most likely use the specific event (OP, DEOP, VOICE, etc.). Secondly, any number of mode changes can be set on any given mode in a RAWMODE event, for instance what would $vnick return for the mode +vv-vv n1 n2 n3 n4?

I think a better way is for RAWMODE to have an identifier that has parsed the mode line and returns information about each mode change (it's sign, character, and parameter if it takes one). I suggested something like this already a while back.

If you're looking for a working scripted version, I posted one a few months ago here.

Hmmm... linking to two of my own posts in the same post, eegads I'm becoming a spammer ;P.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
#95458 25/08/04 01:09 PM
L
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
L
hmmm might be a thought - never messed with signals at all. I'll certainly check it out and see if it does what I need it to

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
#95459 25/08/04 07:06 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Quote:
I think a better way is for RAWMODE to have an identifier that has parsed the mode line and returns information about each mode change (it's sign, character, and parameter if it takes one). I suggested something like this already a while back.

My scripted solution could be found here.

-KingTomato

Link Copied to Clipboard