B
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
B
ok,

here on text
on *:text:*:*: {
if ($1 == !seen) && (!$read(c:\bigger\scripts\seen.txt,nw,$nick($chan,%r))) { /msg $read(c:\bigger\scripts\seen.txt,s,$2- }
}

its off i no, i use need sum stuff here

here is how i get the nicks on while looops
teston *:text:*:*: {
var %r = 1
while ($nick($chan,%r)) {
if (!$read(c:\bigger\scripts\seen.txt,w,$nick($chan,%r) $+ , $asctime(yyyy))) { /write c:\bigger\scripts\seen.txt $nick($chan,%r) at $asctime(hh:nn:ss TT) on $asctime(mmmm dd) $+ , $asctime(yyyy) }
inc %r
}
}
ok.... i need to gather nicks BAM which is does, but i need to if the nick is ther it just overrights the nick with the new time and date and any errors on the On Text you can tell me whats wrong with it?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I'd advise using hash tables for such a script. Seen scripts tend to get very large rapidly. Reading a hard file over and over, as well as writing to it, could nonly become slow, but become erroneous. You might try /help /hmake and look into storing your information this way. You can use something such as /hadd <nick> <data> where nick would be their nickname, and data be the rest of the information you'd have in the text file.

As for your problem, you may try deleting the line the user is on, then re-writing the information back to the file.

-KingTomato

Link Copied to Clipboard